ρ є т є я ρ α и

HOME ABOUT STUFF BIASES FOLLOW DASHBOARD

Put your pforile here ;




F o l l o w e r g a d g e t ;


© Skin by Atiqah Jaidin inspired by Myra. Image from . Do tell me if I do not credit yours.
Thoughts about The Final 1
Thursday, May 9, 2013 | 0 peterpan(s)



Yeah. Maybe I didnt make it through but doesnt mean I didnt try my best and with that, I have no regrets. Just wanna thank my many supporters who have voted for me and gave me comforting remarks. They totally made my day and I knew I wasnt doing all these alone. SO JUST A VERY BIG THANKS! 

Thanks for voting really!!! :) 
  But I thought there were really a lot BIG TAKEAWAYS from this competition. 


#1 Managing with whats fair and whats not.

I know after the 2nd result show everyone has been fanbombing about the show being not fair when its only a contest on popularity and not talent. I do agree to a certain extent that not everyone had a fair start right from the first episode. Many contestants including me were not really featured singing on the first episode and I am being rational cause which random person in the right mind would spam 10 plus bucks on me by just listening to me sing well for that few mins on the second epsiode if they didnt even know who i was in the first episode? (Though maybe i might not have sung that well) And while contestants like had a whole 5mins of air time... others like me only had 5 secs of air time laughing. Honestly, i was really upset because i called everybody to watch me on the first episode thinking that i should start publicising early...but come on..everyone just called me and told me that they didnt see me...or just saw me laughing. And when i started to see other contestants gaining attention and all while i was just left out from this popularity race, I could sort of expect things pretty much. So after a while i sort of adjusted my feelings towards this competition and started to take it with a very light heart. Though many people argued and said that those who got in performed badly, while those who sang well did not make it through, ask yourself if they were given any previous chance to prove themselves in the first episode before they were judged just based on the Top 40 peformances? Perhaps, even though viveck did not perform that well in his Top 40, but people saw his potential in the first episode and voted for him. And I totally feel that he has the potential to be so much better. Though its not fair to say that this is the sole reason, others may include a contestant having a strong fanbase to begin with. I am perfectly fine with that and happy for them because they have worked hard to garner their fan base and they totally deserved the support from their fans! There are actually many more factors to this eg, use of social media, other promotion campaigns,etc. But I tell myself, for this time, I have done my best. I went to back to my school to perform, I promoted myself in class, I emailed and called every contact that I had, and I have never been so insanely involved in social media alongside my hectic school schedule and to study for my exams. So I had no regrets really. Perhaps, what I need to do now is to learn to sing better and come back stronger. But no doubt that every of the contestant deserves to be where they are. Just trying to give a fair view over here okay. So better dont quote me alrights! peace. :) 

#2. How to be involved in the social media! 

I was actually a pretty dead person over the social media, because well got no time for that... and you know once you start...you never stop! You just keep looking at weird videos and pictures...until you dont even whats going on with your life. I never liked a single video or photo cause I was a little sensitive over this type of things and guess now what? I am liking everything like CRAP. I just like when I like. So I am not really thinking. Normally, I used to ignore FB personal message, but now I am making a effort to answer and chat with them lest they think that I am DAO DAO, you know? So very sorry if I used to ignore you guys years back. Paiseh arh and forgive me. 

And finally I've LEARNT HOW TO TAG. Challenge accomplished, Thankyou. And now you know what a noob I've been. Yeah, my friends call me boon noob. I was asked to do fan page. The lazy me didnt want to set up another account so I converted my personal account to Fan page and I GOT A SHOCK OF MY LIFE. All my friends were gone... my profile... my everything... I was like crap... this is awesome. What now. Then I spent the whole night figuring out how to restore my personal account until I got so fed up I ended up crying so horribly in front of the computer and I kept mumbling" I want my account back...". In the end... and I had to send a personal email to Facebook asking them to give me back my personal account and I had to wait for one day. So much for social media. And then, I created my first twitter account and I had to change my smartphone from a HTC cha cha phone to a Samsung Note 2 so that I could my have an instagram account. Twitter was ubber confusing to me I swear. What's with all the retweets and hashtag man? I am no fan of twitter seriously... sounds like you are an insane person talking to yourself about the weather... you waking up in the morning and what you ate for breakfast like you don't say? I started with like 5 followers and I felt like... why am I talking to myself? 

Instagram like's another wow. Have to filter this filter that, must pose nice nice shots. Must learn how to do collage, add font...one photo take one hour of editing you serious not? HAHA. 


Must learn how to choose filter and smile the correct angle arh. 
And then the pain in the ass comes in... I keep typing and copying and pasting the same post in all of these platforms and I thought you serious not... if everybody does this.. its gonna to be mad... this will drive people crazy. Until I asked some of the contestants and they were like WHAT TALKING YOU? WHY YOU NO TAG??!!!
Sudden enlightenment: You must tag. k. awesome. Thats when I learned how to tag. But even tagging comes with a lot of knowledge, eg, which platform to tag to where, what text to write, what hashtag to use. Its still pretty confusing for a noob like me. But I thought if not for the The Final 1, I would be a real dinosaur already.     

#3 Meeting great amazing talented singers. 

Used to lived in my own world thinking that me sounding like Adele in my bathroom was enough. Like you know, you find your voice super captivating only in the bathroom. I hope they can bring me my bathroom while I sing in there during competitions.When I got into the TOP 60 honestly..  I realised I was horribly wrong. Everyone was like a powerhouse. Everyone 55 of them was shining like a diamond so unique in their own ways. I wanted to be every part of them. 

Fabulous singers with strong personalities. Some are the crazy ones though like Marc, ( I call him uncle marc), farah, kassandra...and many others..we are all quite wild when we come together.;) If there's a reason I miss leaving this stage, it would be to leave this group of very talented singers. 



Just me and some of the amazing singers!


#4. A fashion lesson
Last but not least, the comment by Ken Lim that left everyone wondering about if " I look too much like an auntie." 

Aunty Lucy FTW!


Hehe, frankly speaking..I totally did not expect the comment coming out from him at that point of time cause he only went like " I think you have an attitude..." who would have expected that, kinda no link you see. I thought it was amusing and a little random at that point of time. Didnt really quite know how to react to his randomness. I just giggled. But actually, I thought it was pretty nice and glitzy with this gold dress of mine and in fact the producers selected it for me out of the so many outfits I've sent to them.. so the comment really came unexpected. But I guess its okay. I do not agree with Ken that I look liked an auntie on that day although to be honest aunties are the unsung heroines and they are respectable as well. Why put them  in such negative light? But I do agree that I have quite a poor fashion sense as compared to many contestants that I have seen. I just started uni, so I am finally slowly realizing that there's a need to step up on my fashion trends cause I am no longer wearing uniforms like what i did during JC. And I do have some wardrobe malfunction so perhaps if I were to continue to advance in this industry, I would certainly need a thing or two on this to package myself better! Package package... heard it umpteen times in this competition already actually... still trying hard...:) 


Just saying, even famous celeb dresses like this sometimes.  :)

In any case, i took this competition with a very very light heart actually. I wasn't expecting anything, and I couldn't be more happier being able to make into top 40 and sing alongside all the other amazing singers. I simply felt honored. I will never give up on this journey, for I am just a girl that likes to sing and act. So remember to smile always everybody, and we will brighten up the dark casted sky together!
Smile always, though you might be a bit shy like me! Fighting! 
 







Labels: